Sunday, November 16, 2008

Nov 17th - "Take a hike day" Piss off!!!

On my way to work, I heard Darren from the Hi fm say today the 17th of November is “Take a Hike day”,.. wow! Come to think of it, “Go fly a kite day”, or “Go walk your dog day” also seems pertinent. While I'm sure the rationale behind this day is to encourage people to walk through some of the many beautiful areas of our country like the mountain trails, hills, beaches etc , but I’d like to interpret it as a day to tell someone “go take a hike”. Even though that may seem rude, I guess we all have come across people in our lives who deserve to be told –“take a hike”.

It may not be wise and healthy to tell your boss “take a hike”. You may have to suffer appalling consequences. However you can definitely tell that acquaintance you have always wanted to tell off, “hey take a hike! Oh by the way don’t get me wrong, its just national take a hike day”. lol..

Oh yeah that reminds me… I was at the airport last night to receive someone and in a span of 10 minutes also had my bottom grabbed!! By the time I turned back and wanted to yell or slap that asshole, he had already walked away and disappeared in the maddening crowd. But I mean what the hell?!!*??!! How dare these desperate f***’s touch other women? How dare they touch me!! I was not even alone. I was with my family. In spite of that.. Don’t they have mothers and sisters? How would they feel if someone had grabbed their wives bottom? (I am trying to be polite here) Aargh!! I swear I would have slapped him if he hadn’t disappeared. I am not afraid to tell off people who are wrong.

The mighty emperor who built the Taj Mahal had the thumbs of his artisans and workers who built the monument cut off, so that they wouldn’t ever be able to make such a monument for anyone else. Wishful thinking but I think in today’s day and age, all the jerks who want to fondle, feel and touch other women-maybe their thumbs should be cut off. Just to teach them a lesson. To respect women! Somebody else’s mother or sister or wife shouldn’t be the target of their fetishes and sick inclinations.

Anyways back to the topic, yeah so its not that difficult for me to tell someone – “Take a hike”. It’s only right for days like these to be targeted to those perverts out there who can’t keep their hands to themselves. Even though the day may actually be to encourage healthy living and exercise, I’d like to use this day to tell those morons- "take a hike". Even though I couldn’t tell that guy off yesterday, shit happens. Cést la vie.

So what, I let it out of my system now – “F*** you asshole! Piss off – go take a hike!!!"

So finally – November 17th - Take a hike day. I leave the interpretation of this meaningful day to the reader!

5 comments:

Angry In Oman said...

That's just terrible. I'm sorry that that happened.

An Arabian Dream said...

Thanks Angry, some ppl suck big time. Its sad though that we have to be their targets.. but yeah... guess thats life - Cést la vie. We can only hope they learn their lesson someway or the other.

Anonymous said...

why would the 17th of Nov be 'take a hike day'? probably it was only the weather?

The other thing, wasn't there any CCTV around? may help if wanna take it further and have the jerk's *** punched.

Kick

An Arabian Dream said...

Thanks Kick,

I guess if I went up to the officials and said someone grabbed my behind, they would probably say - thats nothing new. It was a maddening crowd and so things cannot be helped. I guess - I am not sure.

Anyways atleast I was able to vent and feel great again today.

Anonymous said...

Still wondering what made this person so confident to try it. looks like those people have the gut to go further than that. let's see

Kick