Thursday, November 20, 2008

Glad its the weekend, tired of boredom at work

I’m glad it’s the weekend at last. I really didn’t want to come into work this morning. I had to literally drag my body out of bed. I got dressed and got back into bed again. Can you fathom that? That’s how desperately I wanted to stay home. That’s how badly I wanted it to be the weekend. The weather is just so nice these days. The sky looks beautiful with its spread of clouds.

Ah..N i happened to check out Robin Sharma’s book on daily inspirational quotes and the one for today talked something in the likes of taking a short vacation while you’re at work. Relaxing your mind, taking deep breaths and imagining we were at one of our favorite holidays destinations. Envisioning the surroundings, hearing the sounds and evoking all those emotions. It sure feels good to read it and for a second when I did close my eyes, I did get relaxed! But hey!! I want to go on holiday, not just visualize it. I want or even more precisely, I need a break. I am in need for my brain to breathe.

I need to venture out and do something on my own in terms of business. I am tired of coming to work and not being able to do anything. In my line of work, due to the global recession and the financial slump work is a bit haggard at the moment. I am bored out of my skull and am getting extremely crabby about everything else around me cos this reason. I realize that I am not being productive and its really frustrating. I need to be doing something. My life, my work needs to make more sense to me than this.

I need to start my own business. Ah anyways and on top of that feels like the entire world is out there to attack me. I am trying to figure out the positive in this but its gets difficult every single day. I now realize why its so hard for me to wake up to work. Cos I really don’t have any!!

So there is nothing motivating me to sit at my desk 9 hours of the day. I may as well be sitting at home and doing craft for example. But then I’m so used to having my own money, I don’t know whether or how I ever will allow myself to be dependent on someone else to provide me with money. There are so many ifs and buts, but I seriously would rather be sitting at home and paint for example. There is an assortment of things I can think of that I could be doing other than sitting idle at my desk. Hmmmm let’s see:

1. I could help out with the mentally challenged children

2. I could join a craft club and start painting again

3. I could probably take up after my other passion- photography

4. I could start my own business which has been on my mind since ages

The list can go on and on. I don’t want to think more and depress myself thinking what the hell I’m doing right now, at this point in my life. If I could support myself I would definitely not be working, at least not what I am doing at the moment. Oh! Don’t get me wrong, I love the job or the nature of the job, but I hate that I have nothing to do and I’m sitting idle. Boredom is getting to me and there are days when I could pull the hair out of my head! Any little thing is enough to upset me these days and that’s cos I feel completely useless. But guess that’s life. Cést la vie

Work is not gonna catch up anytime soon. So I definitely need to divert my mind with other things. Guess I’ll take each day as it comes and just to cheer me up... its the weekend!!!! Hurraay!!!!!

3 comments:

Al Nims Media said...

Robin Sharma was in Muscat a couple of weeks back. I read his first few books, and then monotony sets in. 'Monk who sold his ferrari' was his best.

Kk said...

Here I am praying to pass the weekend as-fast-as-possible!
The whole locality gets buzzy with parties and drunkyards

sanely insane said...

start painting again...club or no club :)

robin sharma quotes..ok now that gives me the creepees :P