Tuesday, November 18, 2008

38th National Day

Warm salutations to His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said on the glorious occasion of the 38th National Day of Oman. It is indeed a joyous occasion for the people of Oman and we have seen celebrations all across town. In the CBD region, Bank Muscat had an Omani band singing and dancing on the streets to commemorate the blissful occasion. It was indeed a warm sight to see the people celebrate the day instead of just letting it pass as another routine day. A friend of mine has taken a video of the band which probably I might be able to put up tomorrow.

Apart from the evident lit up roads and buildings, we even had Omani flags in our office this morning with fresh halwa being served on the side as well. Felt like we were back in school. Like I mentioned in one of my previous blogs, I love celebrations and this is by far another great reason to celebrate. I am grateful to our Sultan for our peaceful and wonderful home, Oman.
We've also just got the news that the roads might be blocked from 3-7 pm. Donno the exact timings, but would love to get back home and enjoy the rest of my day.
Cést la vie- thats life, to enjoy peace, make merry and live happily.

3 comments:

Amjad said...

This is my first time feeling home-sick. Feels so bad being away from home in such a special occasion...

Happy national day Oman =)

Standy said...

Hey,, Happy National Day to you.. glad your had fun :)

An Arabian Dream said...

Amjad, hang in there buddy. I am sure you'll have great reasons to celebrate in the coming days.

I know it wont be our National Day, but even then a reason to celebrate is good enough :-). On a brighter note lets hope your around for the next.

Thanks Stand alone - Although I didnt get to see the fireworks
:-(, I had a great day. :-)