Thursday, November 13, 2008

Its the weekend

The PDORC Fitness committee, together with the Oman Diabetes Society and Association will be participating in the World Diabetes Day. It is organizing Family Day at the RAHRC (PDO Recreational Club). The target is to raise RO350,000 which will go towards the purchase of strips for registered diabetic people in Oman.
I would have loved to have gone to support the cause as one of my family member is a diabetic patient as well. However due to some other reasons I am unable to attend the event. There’s also going to be a salsa line up and basics being taught during the event.

I haven’t gone for my Salsa lessons for a couple of weeks now. Pure laziness and I’ve also been busy. Well I have, really!

It’s a Thursday and I am in no mood to work, I want to do something new this weekend. So maybe I will have something interesting things to pen down for the week ahead.

I wish we had a three day weekend. But unfortunately not all our wishes come true. Cést la vie
I’m still glad it’s the weekend - I’ll get to sleep in, go shopping, run my errands etc. The list is long and sometimes I wish I just had a weekend where there was nothing to do. I think on and off we do require a lazy weekend.

Ah well! It’s the weekend still and I am sure going to enjoy it.

4 comments:

Kk said...

last year or year before that -- I was at SQU for supporting this kind of event!
I was the desinger of the pamphlet and PowerPoint presentation!
And yes like you many times I am bound by family!

Anonymous said...

nice topic to read first thing saturday morning! i need some coffee now

An Arabian Dream said...

The weekend is over and I guess I am waiting for the next one... hehe

Angry In Oman said...

I just wish there was a 2 day weekend :(